Friday, July 11, 2008

Day One of Blogging

I know, I know. You're probably going to pass out (or at least roll your eyes) because I'm actually doing a blog. I've sworn for a long time that I will never be one of those bloggers who have nothing better to do with their time but write all about themselves for everyone online to see. But here I am. Blogging. Let me explain:

Since we are going to be apart for a little while, I wanted to share with you our goings-on here in Boise. I feel like every day something happens that I want you to know about, but when we talk on the phone, I forget it all. So here is my attempt to keep you up-to-date on everything (mainly the kids); we'll see how it goes. I'm posting lots of pictures here, but check the James Maxincar website periodically; I'll try to post all of the pictures there.

And who knows? Maybe I'll really like this whole blogging thing and get hooked.






Our original plan this morning was to go swimming, but it has been a cool, blustery day. So we went to the park instead.










Grandpa checked Ethan's ears again this morning. There was a little fluid behind one here, but not enough to cause a problem or even be notice by an otoscope.







As usual, Natalie wouldn't cooperate and look at the camera, and so this is really the best that I could get of her.









Last night Andrea did not go to sleep until after 11:00. She stayed in her room; she just wouldn't go to sleep!









Notice her little bum hanging out the side the swing. She really needs bigger diapers. Actually, she really just needs to be potty trained.










Andrea had her swimming lessons today; they got to 'dive' for rings (the teacher just put the rings on a step so that they had to dip their heads in the water to get them). She was so excited; when she came home she made sure to tell everybody that she went all the way through the water to get her ring and her ring was purple.










And here is Ethan's big news: He's got two teeth coming in on the bottom!! (This explains the grumpy-ness, the fussiness, and the late-night awakenings.)













Ethan has been a lot more cheerful today. I got him some baby Orajel (maximum strength!), and he has been a different baby. He's back to his old Veloceraptor screeches and happy squeals.











Last night I was looking for Natalie for dinner time. I found her like this. Rock star in the making.











I took Natalie to the playground during Andrea's lesson today. She had a great time pretending to be a crab and 'chomping' me with her fingers.














Yesterday Andrea was pretty bouncy and all over the place during her lesson, so today I told her that she needed to be still and listen when it wasn't her turn to be swimming with her teacher. She did a great job and sat very still and didn't goof off as much while she was waiting for the next thing.

No comments: