Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Jekyll, Hyde, and Obama

Okay, so I just read my last blog, and HELLO it was long. Sorry about that to those of you who read it (Yaya). I'm still new at this and have yet to perfect the art of blogging. Here are my thoughts (hopefully brief) for today:

First, my children are a mystery to me. They are each like Jekyll and Hyde, and each in their own way. This means that while I only have 3 children, in reality I'm dealing with 6. And I never know which of those 6 I'm dealing with.

For example, the Andrea I had yesterday - the one who prayed for our new president, Arock Obama, the one who prayed that our family could be together forever, the one who yesterday could buckle her seatbelt all by herself - was not the Andrea that I had tonight - the one who collapsed on the floor in hysterics because she could not have fruit snacks before going to bed, the one who couldn't take her socks off by herself, the one who wanted a hot dog for dinner and then broke down when I gave her a hot dog.

My Natalie yesterday is the one who declared that she really likes blue, when she realized that Andrea wanted Natalie's pink bowl for dinner and not the blue one that was in front of Andrea. My Natalie today is the one that screamed bloody murder when Ethan began crawing towards the general vicinity of her Cinderella glass slipper.

And Ethan. Sometimes he is a delight. Other times he is such a stinker. There is no happy medium with him.

Okay, on to my second thought: Sometimes, there just aren't enough Magic Erasers.

And this brings me to my final thought: I have to say that even though I didn't vote for Barack Obama, I am cautiously optimistic about what he will bring to the table. That' all I have to say about it.

4 comments:

Andrea Forsyth said...

tell andrea sorry that i missed her call. it was pretty cute. guess it was a good day (moment?) for her...

also - um, if you thought YOUR blogging was long, man alive, what do you think of mine?

emily said...

Yours it at least interesting and has a point. Mine...not so much. It sounds more like the ramblings of an old lady...oh, wait. I AM an old lady :(

Monica said...

Hi Emily! I didn't know you had a blog. I wasn't sure I even had your right email address! I hope all is going well with you and your family. I hope you keep posting updates of your family. I know how it goes, I am not the greatest blogger either.

KA said...

Emily...I can relate so much with your Jekyll and Hyde children. Sometimes I wonder who my kids really are! LOL! It's good to hear from you. Keep posting!